Why there are no updates this week

So someone stole perhaps all existing novel translations and posted them without permission or acknowledgment on their ad-ridden website. Including mine. They act fast; one of my chapters was available on their website just hours after I posted mine here.

I think the website is a good idea, functionally. Readers get updates and read from the same place. It’s convenient and easy. We can thank novelupdates.com for that. But this one? It’s just ripping off the hard work of every fan translator out there.

I won’t say I’m shocked (someone posted my translations on Wattpad once) but I’m pissed. Imagine spending hours upon hours translating and rewriting just so it will do the original work justice, only for others to control C + control V it. Thanks, asshole.

I’ve emailed them to take it down but the email isn’t getting delivered. I don’t actually expect them to remove my translations or even take down the website. So while I try to recover emotionally, I think the logical, sane thing for me to do is to stop posting my translations instead. For now, at least. 

(That’s what these people are trying to do, isn’t it? Piss off all translators so no one gets to enjoy translated novels anymore. This is why we don’t deserve nice things.)

Comments

  1. This problem seems to be so rampant. Is there really no help out there against this kind of theft? It's causing too much grief for readers who have been enjoying all the translators' hard work to be ripped away, and of course unfair frustrations for the translators too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Serena, I know how your feeling right now. So sorry this matter came to you too.
    I remember some blogs already close down due to this incident, just like you, their hardwork to be copied another people withoit permission.
    But I hope you will still continue yoir translation because its make many people happy.
    Youre doing good job, keep fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I've recently been reading your works. And the only thing I could've think of to prevent these things is putting a password to your works. It is a hassle but it can prevent others from stealing your stuff. You can easily ban people who violates this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear Serena, Truly sorry for what has happened to your hard work. I hope the website will respond and at least publish the credit due to you. I wish I know how to help you against such kind of theft. Please know I enjoy your translation and your story choice. thank you so much for the joy you brought me. I hope you will recover fully and be able to continue to bring joy and pleasure to many around you with your translation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment